Monday, August 26, 2013

Little River, Arkansas

The south will change you. There's such an abundance of genuine and kind people that it is impossible not to. Every time you go out, you come back with a new friend, a great story and a smile. You become a yes man, because everyone offers up an adventure and new experience. I made the mistake of passing up on this opportunity 2 weeks ago, foolish me and a lesson learned.

I spent the week prepping for my contribution of the weekend, pressed Italian sambos. On Tuesday, I made the sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers on Wednesday and by Thursday I got to the pesto. Somewhere along the way I made jerky because I can and why not? Meat is amazing. 

I skipped out of work early on Friday and hit the road with Jordan, Katie and the dogs. After our hit and run with an armadillo, a couple road sodas followed by my botched attempt at catching a second armadillo, we arrived at the cabin. The rest of the weekend was spent the way one should, surrounded with kind folk, adventures and delicious southern cooking. After tubing, rope swings and early morning golf cart rides, it hurts to be back at work. Hurray weekend!
 












1 comment: