Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Making things makes me happy

There's nothing I love more than working with my hands. Making something from nothing is great, especially when its foreign to you. I like to learn by doing, diving in, making mistakes and solving it on the fly. Most evenings before the move were spent tinkering and messing around in my work's comping room.  From power tools and materials to a coworker sharing advice over a beer (perhaps cause of aforementioned mistakes), I had access to all that a determined mind needed.

I had this crazy revelation that I needed to make the furniture for my new apartment the day a color proofer was shipped to work in a massive wooden crate. Without much thought, I broke the crate down and was on my way to making a coffee table. I took my general construction knowledge I gained from building greenhouses with my Dad and combined it with the attention to detail in my design work. A few happy accidents and a couple hacks later, a beautiful table was born.











































































No comments:

Post a Comment