Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Beast of the East

I was fortunate enough to travel back to the northeast for a wedding and some family time last week. The weather was beautiful, the food delicious and the company exceptional. My stay was short lived so I packed in all the adventure, friends and favorite food spots I could hit; there was never a dull moment.

The wedding was fantastic, right on the sound and nothing short of terrific weather. I spent the night catching up with friends and coworkers while speaking to the chief about making moves in Dallas. The next morning I took Mike out for breakfast in Bethel, out of the way but worth it. The afternoon was spent at the Norwalk Oyster Festival with Jay and Jess, taking in a few beers, fried curds and oysters. I got my fill of tacos (sorry Dallas, they're better here) and even introduced Caitlin to her first lobster roll!




The majority of my time in Pennsylvania was spent with family. Jamie was kind enough to cut out of work Friday and join the girls and I for apple picking and pie making. We woke early Saturday and explored the Appalachian Trail with Scott. I introduced him to a few trails and rock scrambles as he repaid me with caving adventures.

My parents garden was in full swing so I raided and grilled up peppers and onions for fajitas. I needed oysters one last time and taught myself to shuck, deliciousness unlocked. On my last morning I made chipped beef and scrapple to get my dutch fill before I headed home, oddly my first time making it myself. 


Until next time New England!

No comments:

Post a Comment